Trưởng Phòng Pháp Chế (Compliance Manager)
- Dai-ichi Life Việt Nam , Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
- 2000 Competitive
- Posted: 11 Feb 2019
1/ JOB PURPOSE
- This role has the responsibility to contribute as a senior member of Compliance team to formulate company’s compliance strategies, conduct and manage compliance activities in coordination with all departments aiming at minimizing/controlling the legal risk in our new/existing business, particularly that of Agency distribution channel and contributing to build compliance culture throughout the company.
2/ PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Effectively contribute as a senior member of the team and lead the subordinate staff to accomplish the missions of Compliance Team under supervision of Compliance Head, specifically as follows:
- Plan, review and improve the compliance program which is the action plan to improve compliance and reduce misconducts.
- Implement, review the result of compliance program and facilitate all the departments to implement Plan-Do-Check-Action cycle for that purpose.
- Review the internal rules regarding (Agency/ Alt. Distribution) Compliance and have the sufficient internal rules, including Agency Compliance Manual and the guideline to handle sales materials, in place and ensure their timely update.
- Establish and maintain effective misconduct/ misappropriation handling procedure, including classification/criteria of misconducts/ punishment.
- Manage, decide/ recommend the punishment for and implement the punishment for the misconduct cases in accordance with the relevant internal rules.
- Represent the company or give sufficient support to who represents the company and manage the relevant procedures for the legal disputes relevant to Agency channel including legal cases at the court (co-responsible with Legal team).
- Report periodically about misconduct/ misappropriation cases to Management and relevant committees.
- Recommend and implement internal education framework for both employees and agents (e.g. periodical compliance seminar, compliance news etc.).
- Establish and maintain database of compliance issues, including misconduct cases in cooperation with Legal team.
Be involved in various internal projects particularly for those relevant to Agency channel/ Alt. Distribution channel to give appropriate advices from compliance point of view proactively.
Others as assigned from Head of Compliance from time to time.
Education, no. of year experience:
- University degree;
- At least 5 years experience in life insurance business relevant to either agency management, premium collection or claims investigation…
- Solid knowledge about the life Insurance business.
- Solid and continuous study to maintain/improve knowledge regarding latest legal and regulation movements.
- Very good computer skills using all major office applications.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Vietnamese.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Sophisticated interpersonal skills to communicate smoothly and professionally with peoples with various background and situation, including interview with suspects of misconduct cases.
- An analytical & organized approach, with a good attention to details.
- A commitment to build strong compliance culture.
- Innovative and self-driven.
About Dai-ichi Life Việt Nam
After 11 years of operations, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has grown up more than ten times in terms of total premiums, affirming its position among the leading life insurance companies in Vietnam with solid and sustainable development. Especially in 2017, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has risen to the top three in the market in terms of new premium revenue worth more than 3,600 billion dong, while earning total premium revenue of over 8,000 billion dong and reaching 12% market share. The company is serving 2 million Vietnamese customers through more than 1,200 staff, 70,500 financial consultants. Dai-ichi Life Vietnam is proud to hold the 3rd position in terms of customer service network with more than 260 offices and general agencies covering 63 cities and provinces nationwide.
On November 30th, 2017, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam obtained the approval from the Ministry of Finance for the 6th increase of capital up to 5,400 billion dong (approximately USD 256 million). With this capital increase, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam becomes one of the top life insurance companies in terms of capitalization in Vietnam market, demonstrating the company’s solid financial strength and its commitment to being a “Lifetime partner” of Vietnamese customers.
On January 17th, 2018, at the Reunification Hall of Ho Chi Minh City, Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company of Vietnam (Dai-ichi Life Vietnam) solemnly organized the Awarding Ceremony of the Third Class Labour Medal, granted by the President of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, for its excellent achievement to the economic development of Vietnam as well as its significant community contribution, especially in the CSR campaign to support poor patients during the past years.
Not only striving in business, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam also paid great concern and care for social and charitable activities. Based on the criteria “Social activities must be from the heart and bringing realistic values for the people”, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam has so far pioneered and initiated various impactful philanthropy and community projects with the contribution of more than 22 billion dong, such as its annual blood donation, charity eyes surgery program, granting scholarships and warm jackets to disadvantaged pupils, granting life policies to kindergarten teachers, providing relief to families suffering disaster, etc. Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was honorably granted the “Corporate Social Responsibility Award” by Asia Insurance Review for two times, the 1st time in the year of 2013 with the project “For A Better Life” – providing clean drinking water for more than 24,000 pupils in the rural provinces of Vietnam, and the 2nd time in November 2015 with the project “Million bricks for a happy life”- building 10 bridges in the rural areas of Vietnam.
On June 2nd, 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was honored to be the only life insurer in Vietnam winning the “Asia Responsible Entrepreneurship Awards” 2017, organised regionally by Enterprise Asia. This noble accolade highlights the company’s outstanding social responsibilities through its various community activities, together with its establishment of “For A Better Life” CSR Foundation in August 2016 to continue the mission of improving the living standard for the Vietnamese people.
On March 22nd, 2017, following the survey conducted by Anphabe career network and Nielsen global marketing research firm, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam was proud to be ranked 4th “Vietnam Best Places To Work” 2016 award in both life and non-life insurance sector, and ranked 36th among Top 100 “Vietnam Best Places To Work” across industries, affirming the company’s success in recruiting, training and developing high-quality man power in order to build a solid foundation for sustainable growth in Vietnam.
Besides, Dai-ichi Life Vietnam honourably received the prize “Top 100 Golden Star Brand 2015”, “Trusted Brand” for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, “Top 50 famous Brands 2014”, “Typical Commercial & Service Business” in 2010, 2013, 2016, "Best Life Insurance Company" at the Golden Dragon Award for 9 consecutive years 2008-2016. These national prestigious awards have demonstrated exceptional achievements of Dai-ichi Life Vietnam in the market, as well as its realistic contributions to the economic growth of Vietnam.